Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Feature Story - Teach for America

For my feature story, I want to write about Teach for America. As soon as I heard about it in class, I thought it was such a great program. In fact, it’s something that I’d even be interested in doing.

According to the website, Teach for America’s main goal is to eliminate the lack of education by hiring top college graduates. They don’t just take everyone; it is a very selective program and those who are interested must be highly qualified to get a position.  

There are currently about 5,000 “corps members” who work in 26 urban and rural areas. Each of these 5,000 people went through the application process and come from diverse backgrounds.

I can’t wait to meet a teacher for this program. It sounds so wonderful and by the sound of it, these people are great! J

No comments: