Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Teach For America

Wow. I didn't realize how much of a challenge that was going to be. Getting strangers to call you back is not the easiest thing ever. Again, I resorted to someone I knew personally. My friend's sister was a teacher for Teach For America and she gave me a whole bunch of good information. Omari gave me some good information, but everything he said I pretty much already knew just from reading the website. He was a nice guy, but I could tell he had other things to do, which is understandable. Laura, however, was SO helpful! She inspired me to want to join the program. I know this girl personally and she is not the teacher type. The fact that she enjoyed this so much and had so much to say really made me think about this for myself.

Here's the link to my story. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Noelle,
I'm a TFA alum, and I'd be happy to talk to you more about the program if you're interested. Drop me an email at amy dot strecker at gmail dot com if you're interested!